Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Of all the books we were assigned to read this semester I really like the Invention as well. I found Hugo's spirit to be amazingly sweet and loving given the fact he was abandoned in one way or another by the people he loved. I loved all of the pictures throughout the book. It was a great example to people of all ages that your life isn't is bad as you think it is. I think this book would really make a positive impact on kids who may have lost a parent or are orphans  who feel alone and lost. I loved figuring out all of the connections between Hugo, Georges,and Hugo's father at the end. I really think it sends a great message to stick to doing something you believe in even if it seems crazy(like rebuilding the automaton to figure out what will happen to you) and that fate does indeed lead us to greater things.

No comments: