Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tiki-tiki tembo walla-walla bing bang so sa pinto

If my parents decided they wanted to be that creative with my name at the age of 18 i would legally change it haha.
But I enjoyed the book even though i thought for sure the boy was going to die in the well, you never know how gruesome a child's book will get!
I do like how it showed a creative meaning behind why Chinese names are so short and simple. I like the folklore of the Grimm brothers from Germany i believe. Those are really interesting. I think they are the original tales of snow white and sleeping beauty and all those stories except they are gruesome and try to teach children lessons by being scary.
Personally, I'm going to use my own folklore to tell my kids that there are street monsters that eat children up if they step foot unattended into the street so that my kids don't decide to play in the street. That may not be folklore, but it's a story that will make sure they don't get hit by a car!!!

Melyssa Ziulkowski

No comments: